Archive for September, 2011
It’s been several months since I’ve had a chance to update The Great Web Framework Shootout, but this weekend I decided that it was time to dig in and freshen things up a bit.
Not only have most of the frameworks seen new releases since the last revision, but I finally decided to move all of the tests over to Amazon’s “release” version of the Ubuntu LTS AMI.
Below is a quick summary of what’s new in this revision:
- All tests were performed on the updated Ubuntu LTS AMI (ami-fbbf7892 ubuntu-images-us/ubuntu-lucid-10.04-amd64-server-20110719.manifest.xml)
- The updated AMI was configured with Python 2.6.5, PHP 5.3.2, Ruby 1.9.2p290, Apache 2.2.14 (default config), mod_wsgi 2.8 (embedded mode), and mod_passenger 3.0.9
- Rails 2.x and 3.0 were dropped from the “full stack(ish)” tests in favor of Rails 3.1.
- CakePHP 1.2 was dropped from the PHP tests in favor of 1.3, but Symfony and Yii were added as they seem to have considerable market share.
- CakePHP’s caching engine was incorrectly configured during the last round of tests, and this has been corrected.
Circle me on Google+ to keep track of further updates, and feel free to contact me there with any questions or comments.